The Hamilton Beach food processor is a reliable and versatile tool that simplifies your cooking tasks, making food preparation more efficient.
However, figuring out where to start can be intimidating if you're new to using a food processor.
That's why we've put together this step-by-step guide to help you master your Hamilton Beach food processor.
In this article, we've shared the usage instructions for various attachments, including the chopping blade, shredding disc, and dough blade.
Hamilton Beach Food Processor: The Basics
Hamilton Beach food processors are designed for efficiency and convenience in the kitchen.
Features available in different models include chopping, slicing, shredding, mixing, and pureing various ingredients.
A notable feature is their large feed tubes, which accommodate whole fruits and vegetables, simplifying prepping.
Cleaning and storing the Hamilton Beach food processor is straightforward due to thoughtful design elements.
For instance, they feature in-bowl blade storage and dishwasher-safe parts, contributing to user-friendliness.
Some models also come with unique features, such as reversible slicing and shredding discs and continuous feed chutes, adding to their versatility.
The food processors are available in different sizes, ranging from 8 to 14 cups, allowing you to choose one that best suits your needs and cooking style.
How to Use the Hamilton Beach Food Processor
The Hamilton Beach food processors come with a stainless Steel Chopping blade, a reversible slicing/shredding disc, and a plastic dough blade.
Follow the steps below to learn how to use these attachments.
Before we discuss the specifics of each attachment, it's essential to understand the general setup procedure that applies to all tasks you'll perform with this food processor.
Here are the usual steps that you'll need to keep in mind when using your Hamilton Beach food processor.
- Place the bowl on the base of the food processor.
- Place the lid on the bowl, align the pour spouts, and ensure the lid latches snap into place securely. The unit will only operate if the latches are locked.
- Plug the unit into an outlet.
Did you get your food processor lid stuck? Find solutions and get back to hassle-free food processing here.
Using the Stainless Steel Chopping Blade
The stainless steel chopping blade is a versatile attachment used for various chopping, mixing, and pureeing tasks.
- Slide the chopping blade down onto the motor shaft.
- Add food to the bowl.
- Insert the food pushers in the food chute, ensuring the large food pusher engages the protective interlock as required for operation.
- Press the button or turn the knob to choose your preferred function.
- Once done, press 'Off' and unplug the unit. Or if you have a knob instead of buttons, turn the knob to the 'Off' position.
- Carefully lift the blade from the motor shaft to remove, then lift the bowl to remove food.
Using the Reversible Slicing/Shredding Disc
This attachment is great for slicing and shredding vegetables, cheese, and more. Follow these steps for proper usage:
- First, remove the protective cover from the disc, then place it onto the motor shaft with the stamped name 'Slice' or 'Shred' facing up.
- Insert the food pusher and ensure it engages the protective interlock as required.
- Choose your preferred function by pressing the button or turning the knob.
- After use, carefully lift the disc from the motor shaft using the finger holes, then lift the bowl to remove food.
Here's a helpful video that details the steps to use the chopping blade as well as the shredding disc.
Using the Plastic Dough Blade
The plastic dough blade is ideal for combining and kneading dough for bread, pizza, and more. Here's how to use it;
- Slide the dough blade down onto the motor shaft and add dry ingredients.
- Press the 'Puree' or 'Knead' button.
- Slowly add liquid through the small holes at the bottom of the small food pusher, following your recipe.
- Once done, lift the dough blade straight up to remove, then lift the bowl to remove food.
Note: The process can be slightly different based on the model you own. So, be sure to refer to your user manual for the most accurate instructions pertaining to your specific model.
You can look up your unit's manual by searching for the model number on this page.
Safety Precautions When Using Hamilton Beach Food Processor
It's important to take certain precautions to use your Hamilton Beach food processor safely. Here are some safety tips to keep in mind:
- Always read the user manual before using your food processor. This will give you essential information about using the appliance safely and effectively.
- Never use your food processor if any part is broken. This could result in serious injury or damage to the appliance.
- Keep the cord away from hot surfaces, including the stove, to prevent it from melting or catching fire.
- Keep your hands and utensils away from the moving blade and disc while processing food to avoid the risk of injury.
- Always use the food pusher to feed food into the processor. Never feed food into the processor by hand.
- Do not use attachments that are not recommended or sold by Hamilton Beach. This could cause injury or damage to the appliance.
- Always unplug the food processor before cleaning it.
Cleaning the Hamilton Beach Food Processor
Cleaning the Hamilton Beach food processor is simple, thanks to its dishwasher-safe components.
Across various models, the blades, bowl, and lid are designed to be dishwasher safe, which makes cleaning up after use convenient.
Disconnect the Power
First, unplug the machine from the power source and disassemble it by removing the bowl, lid, and blades.
Wipe Down the Machine
Use a damp cloth or sponge to wipe the base and control the knob or buttons gently. A mild, nonabrasive cleanser can be used for this step if needed.
Place the dishwasher-safe components like the blades, bowl, and lid in the dishwasher for cleaning on the top rack.
Avoid using the “SANI” setting on your dishwasher, as the high temperatures could damage your food processor parts.
If preferred, all removable parts can also be cleaned in the sink using hot, soapy water.
Be cautious when washing the chopping blade and shredding disc to prevent injury.
You can also use any additional cleaning tools provided with your model to remove food residues from hard-to-reach areas.
Can My Hamilton Beach Food Processor Grind Meat?
Yes, your Hamilton Beach food processor can grind meat. However, this can vary slightly between models.
It's advisable to check the specifications to ensure its motor or blade is suitable for grinding meat, especially if you plan to grind tougher meats.
Curious about whether you can use your food processor as a mixer? Check out our article on the topic to find out.
Can I Knead Dough with My Hamilton Beach Food Processor?
Yes, you can knead dough with your Hamilton Beach food processor. These machines are suitable for making dough, and some have a special scraper to help mix the dough better.
They work well for lighter dough like pizza dough but might have a harder time with thicker dough.
Using the 'pulse' button, you can knead the dough until it's smooth, then let it rise according to your recipe.
Depending on their power, different models might work slightly better or worse for dough.
But how about a pastry dough? Can your food processor handle it? Find out more in this post.
Is It Safe to Put Hot Food in My Hamilton Beach Food Processor?
It's generally advised to avoid placing hot food in your Hamilton Beach food processor as the heat may harm the machine's parts.
Some modern food processors can handle hot food, but caution is still advised. Warm food, like pureed peas, is usually safe to process.
It's better to let hot food cool down a bit before processing to prevent any damage or safety risks.
Checking the user manual or contacting Hamilton Beach's customer service for model-specific guidance is recommended.
In Closing: Mastering the Hamilton Food Processor
One of the great things about the Hamilton Beach food processor is its versatility.
You can chop vegetables, make hummus, puree soups, and even make bread crumbs. With a little bit of creativity, the possibilities are endless.
Remember, practice makes perfect. Don't be afraid to experiment with different recipes and techniques until you find what works best.