The Black & Decker air fryer is a commonly used kitchen appliance known for producing crisp results without the need for oil.
If you're new to this device or seeking clarity on its operations, this guide will provide you with the essential instructions.
We'll cover the basics, initial setup, usage, recipes, safety tips, and items to avoid placing in the air fryer. So, let's get started!
Black & Decker Air Fryer Basics
If you're new to air frying, don't worry! Using the Black & Decker Air Fryer is easy and straightforward. Here are some basics to get you started:
Features And Functions
The Black & Decker air fryer excels in frying, offering a healthier cooking method.
It's suited for family-sized portions with a basket that can hold up to 2 liters or roughly 8 cups.
It features a temperature control ranging from 175-400°F and a 60-minute auto-shutoff timer for convenience.
However, if you're hoping to use it for baking, roasting, or toasting, this air fryer isn't built for that.
Unlike others, Black & Decker's simple design focuses on frying.
Controls And Operating Buttons
The Black & Decker Air Fryer features a simple and easy-to-use control panel. Here's a quick rundown of the buttons and what they do:
- Power indicator light: Lights up when the fryer is on.
- Preheat indicator light: Shows when the fryer is warming up. It turns off when ready.
- Timer knob: You can set cooking times up to an hour.
- Temperature control knob: This lets you pick the cooking heat, usually between 175-400°F.
- Reset button: Located under the pan, it returns the fryer to default if needed.
What To Do For First-Time Use?
Before diving into cooking with your Black & Decker Air Fryer, there are several essential steps to prepare your appliance for optimal performance:
Start your journey by carefully unwrapping your new appliance.
Make sure to remove all the packaging materials, stickers, and labels attached to the fryer for shipping.
Register Your Appliance
To stay updated and enjoy any warranty benefits, don't forget to register your air fryer on this page.
Before using, make sure to clean all removable parts. Check the care and cleaning section in the manual for guidance.
Find a suitable spot in your kitchen, ensuring there's ample space around the fryer to avoid heat damage to nearby surfaces.
Be sure to set the fryer on a stable, flat, and level surface for safety.
Insert the Pan
Properly secure the pan by sliding it in until it clicks. The fryer won’t operate unless it's correctly placed.
How To Use Black & Decker Air Fryer
Getting started with your Black & Decker Air Fryer involves a few simple steps.
Step 1: Starting Up
First, plug the air fryer into a power socket. Then set the cooking temperature you want by turning the temperature knob.
To turn the air fryer on, move the timer knob to 20 minutes and then set it to the time you need for cooking.
Add an extra 3-5 minutes for the air fryer to warm up. You'll know it's heating when the power and heating lights turn on.
Step 2: Preheating
Wait for the heating light to turn off. This means the air fryer has reached your set temperature and is ready to cook.
Step 3: Preparing The Food Basket
To access the food basket, press and slide the handle's release button.
Once you have the basket out, make sure to secure the release button again. Now, place your food inside the basket.
When returning the basket to the fryer, ensure it clicks into place. If it's not correctly in, the fryer won't work.
If your food needs shaking, gently pull out the pan by its handle and shake. Put it back and resume cooking.
Avoid pressing the pan's release button while shaking.
Step 4: Post Cooking
When you hear a bell, that means the cooking time you set is done. Take out the pan and check your food.
If it needs more time, just put it back in and add a few more minutes.
Once your dish is ready, you can lift the basket from the fryer using the handle and transfer the food to a plate.
Empty the food into a bowl or onto a plate.
Using kitchen tongs might be a good idea for more delicate or large foods. After you're done, the fryer is set to go for another round.
For Multiple Cooking
Once you take the food out, the air fryer is ready for more cooking.
If you want to cook two different foods at once, you can use a basket separator. This keeps the foods apart so the flavors don't mix.
Watch this short video for a complete walkthrough.
Tips When Using the Black & Decker Air Fryer
Here are a few cooking tips for optimal results:
- When cooking food that needs shaking, set the timer to half the total time. It'll alert you when it's time to shake.
- For the best crispy fries, stick to portions of about 250 grams (8 oz.).
- You can reheat your food. Just set it to 150˚C (300˚F) for a maximum of 10 minutes.
- Adjustments in the amount of food slightly alter cooking times; more food means a bit more time and less food a bit less.
- If you've got oven-ready snacks, you can also prepare them in this air fryer.
You might also like: Do You Need To Flip Burgers In An Air Fryer?
Safety Precautions When Using Your Black & Decker Air Fryer
Air fryers are a great addition to any kitchen, but using them safely is essential. Here are some safety precautions you should take when using your Black & Decker air fryer:
- Keep the air fryer on a flat, heat-resistant surface.
- Don't overfill the basket. Overfilling the basket can cause the air fryer to overheat and possibly catch fire.
- Don't use metal utensils. They can scratch the non-stick coating on the basket and damage the air fryer.
- Don't use aerosol cooking spray. Aerosol cooking spray can damage the non-stick coating on the basket and cause a fire.
- Always keep an eye on it while it's in use.
- Let the air fryer cool down before cleaning.
Related Black & Decker content: Why Your Black & Decker Toaster Won’t Stay Down
You now know how to use the Black & Decker air fryer. This kitchen tool lets you make tasty dishes in a healthier way.
Before you cook, always warm up the air fryer. Also, set the right temperature and time for what you're making.
After cooking, clean the inside parts and wipe the outside.
If you have any questions, check the guide that came with it or ask Black & Decker for help. With this air fryer, you can make many tasty foods.
Enjoy your cooking!