The dishwasher's front panel isn't typically something you think about when it comes to repairs and replacements. However, the panel on Bosch dishwashers can become damaged or cracked, just like any other dishwasher brand. So how do you replace the front panel on a Bosch dishwasher if this happens? We have researched the best method to go about it, and in this post, we'll discuss it.
Here are the steps to replace a Bosch dishwasher front panel:
- Turn off the dishwasher unit
- Remove the front panel screws
- Close the door
- Slide the new panel onto the door
- Secure the fasteners onto the new panel
- Shut and lock the door
- Restore the power and run a test cycle
You may be surprised to learn that replacing the front panel on a Bosch dishwasher is relatively easy. But before you can do so, you'll need to ensure that you have a suitable panel replacement for your specific model. Keep reading to learn more about how to do it.
Steps to Replace Front Panel On Bosch Dishwasher
Typically, it should take you anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour to remove the old panel and replace it with the new one, though this may vary by dishwasher model.
Things you'll need:
- New door assembly hardware
- Needlenose pliers (depending on the dishwasher model)
1. Turn off the dishwasher unit
Start by turning off the power to the dishwasher by unplugging the unit at the power cord. You can also turn off the power to the dishwasher or kitchen by switching off the electricity at the circuit breaker (which may be unnecessary in most cases unless you can't access the power cord). If doing so, be sure to have a work light or enough natural light through an open door or window.
2. Remove the front panel screws
Open the door to the dishwasher. Then use your screwdriver to remove the screws from the door panel. Depending on the model, there may be screws on the bottom, as well as the panel's top and sides, that you will need to remove.
3. Close the door
After removing all of the screws, the panel should feel loose but should not come off completely. Close the door to the dishwasher, but do not lock the latch. Instead, slide in the front panel up, and then remove it from the dishwasher completely.
If the dishwasher is over 5 to 7 years old, you may need to wiggle it a bit to pull it loose. And in some cases, you may need to use your needle nose pliers to loosen the edges, which can be caked with grime or debris and stuck. Once the panel is completely removed, set it on the floor.
4. Slide the new panel onto the door
Once the old panel is off, take your new panel, line it up, and then slide it down into position while the door is still closed.
5. Secure the fasteners onto the new panel
Next, take the hardware that came with the front panel assembly and install the screws in their positions. Often, the panels will come with additional washers and screws; be sure to store these somewhere in case you need them in the future. If you have trouble lining the screw holes up with the dishwasher panel, you may need to open and shut the door a bit until all of the holes line up.
6. Shut and lock the door
Once all the screws are in place, shut the door completely, and latch it to ensure that the panel is on securely.
7. Restore the power and run a test cycle
Next, turn the power back on to the unit and run a test cycle to ensure that the panel is good to go. Check for potential leaks on the side and bottom areas of the panel. Also, be sure that the control display lights are working correctly.
[PIN id="402227810468798728" description="hide" size="large"] [/PIN]
What colors do Bocsh Dishwasher doors come in
Similar to most dishwasher brands, Bosch dishwasher doors typically come in white, black, red, gray, or stainless steel. However, special door colors are possible with customized units.
Bosch dishwasher front panel cracked - what to do?
If the front panel on your Bosch dishwasher cracks, the best option is typically to replace the unit. And in some cases, you may be able to find used panels.
However, it's more likely that you will need to purchase the panel brand new. Depending on the dishwasher model and year, a brand new Bosch panel price ranges from $64 to $130 or more.
Where to buy Bosch dishwasher parts?
You can purchase Bosch dishwasher parts through a distributor or authorized reseller. You can find a local reseller or look online for one that ships across the US.
Here is a list of the most common ones. It's always best to shop around for the best prices before deciding on a reseller or distributor. Overall, if you're able to get it directly from a distributor, you're likely to save more money than purchasing from a reseller.
- Home Depot
- Best Buy
Can you change the front panel on a Bosch dishwasher?
Yes. You can replace the front panel on a Bosch dishwasher if it becomes cracked or damaged in any way. Before doing so, you'll need to purchase a replacement panel that fits the year and model of your old one.
Replacing it is a relatively simple job, and you can do it in about 30 to 45 minutes and with very light tools (i.e., screwdriver, pliers).
How do you remove the front panel of a Bosch dishwasher?
The process for removing the front panel of a Bosch dishwasher is relatively simple. Let's take a look at the steps:
- Start by unplugging the power at the cord or the circuit breaker.
- Next, open the door to the dishwasher and let it fall down until it is parallel to the floor.
- Then, using a Phillip's head screwdriver while holding the panel in place, remove screws located on the edges of the panel. How many screws depends on the model but generally ranges anywhere from 4 to 8.
- After removing the screws, close the dishwasher door and slide the front panel off of the unit. When lifting the panel, be sure to grip it from the sides, as it might stick in place.
How do I install a Bosch dishwasher panel?
Installing a new dishwasher is also a fairly simple process, and you typically need the same tools-- mainly a screwdriver. Before installing the new dishwasher panel, you'll need to ensure that the dishwasher door hasn't been damaged during the removal process for the old panel. Let's look at how to do it.
- Be sure to check the front door to make sure that the edges haven't dented from the pliers or an electric screwdriver--this can alter the fit for the new panel.
- Next, take the new panel, and while the dishwasher door is slightly closed (and not latched), slide it into position.
- Then, take the screws that came with the new panel and screw them into their respective positions.
- Afterward, close the dishwasher, latch it shut, and then do a test run. When running a test cycle, be sure that the dishwasher door isn't leaking any water during the process.
Can you replace a Bosch dishwasher door?
Yes. You can replace the entire door on a Bosch dishwasher. If the door is damaged somehow, contact the manufacturer or a distributor to find a replacement--given the model isn't too old. If the dishwasher is an older model or no longer made, you may need to purchase a new dishwasher.
Note that a new Bosch dishwasher door can cost anywhere from $150-$300 or more. An appliance technician may charge you anywhere from $75 to over $250 for the install. However, these doors are pretty simple to install, and you can typically install the door yourself.
Wrapping Things Up
If you happen to damage the front panel on your Bosch dishwasher, don't fret--you can replace it. However, always make sure that the manufacturer has a replacement option available before removing the old panel. We hope that this post has helped illustrate how to perform the replacement yourself.
Before you go, be sure to check out some of our other posts: