When your Keurig Slim stops working, you may be wondering the cause of the problem and how to fix it. Fortunately, we have done some research for you, and here is what we found.
The following are things you can do to fix a faulty Keurig Slim:
- Check or increase the water level.
- Unclog the needles.
- Change the machine to a different circuit.
If you notice that your Keurig Slim is not working, it is recommended to tackle the problem as soon as possible. Keep reading to get detailed information about actions to take when Keurig Slim stops working.
What Should I Do If My Keurig Slim Is Not Working?
When you notice that your Keurig Slim is not working, it could be due to a low water level, clogged needles, or the fact that your machine is plugged into a circuit in your house that is overloaded with other appliances.
Proper maintenance of Keurig Slim helps it last longer, so it is important to solve issues as soon as they come up.
To effectively fix the problem with your Keurig Slim, you can either do it on your own or request the help of a professional. This depends on what caused the problem. You should do the following when your Keurig Slim is not working:
Check Or Increase The Water Level
Sometimes, the level of water added to your Keurig Slim machine affects the working condition of the machine. Keurig Slim is designed for many users. It requires a minimum of 6 ounces of water to brew.
If the water level is below the minimum, add more water to at least reach the minimum level, then press the brew button repeatedly until the brewer starts to brew again.
Unclog The Needles
Partial brewing in Keurig Slim occurs sometimes and can be as a result of clogged needles. When the exit or entrance needles are clogged up, it builds up pressure and the needles will not come out to perform the brewing process.
If the problem with your Keurig Slim is clogged needles, you need to unclog them to keep your machine in good working order.
Change Your Machine To A Different Circuit
Keurig Slims are built with energy saving ability, so they shut off automatically after five minutes of inactivity. You can always press the power button to turn it on again and restart.
Most often, when your Keurig Slim has no power or shuts off more frequently, it is a result of electrical faults in your home.When a house circuit is overloaded with appliances, the Keurig Slim may have issues functioning effectively.
Therefore, it is advisable to have a Keurig Slim operating on a different circuit than other appliances. You may need the help of a professional electrician to efficiently get this issue resolved.
How Do You Tell If Your Keurig Is Clogged?
There are two ways or indicators you can use to know when your Keurig is clogged. You may notice that some particles or grounds are finding their way into your coffee. This is due to the grounds that have gathered in the exit or entrance needles. As a result, the machine requires unclogging.
Another sign is when your machine stops brewing full cups of coffee. A clogged Keurig Slim coffee maker will cause your machine to exert more pressure than required, and this issue could result in a malfunction of your machine such that you start experiencing partial brewing.
How Do I Unclog My Keurig K Slim?
Unclogging the needles of your Keurig Slim machine can be done by following these simple steps:
- Unplug your machine from the socket. Allow the water inside your machine to cool, then detach all removable components.
- With hot water and liquid dish soap, wash all detachable parts. Using a microfiber cloth, dry the washed components before reattaching them.
- With the help of a paper clip, clear out the remaining debris from the pot holder. Also, with a paperclip, clear out the debris from the needle inside the Keurig.
- Place the Keurig over your sink, and shake off debris that came loose by the paperclip. Use a plastic straw to clear out the remaining debris that may be found in the tank.
- The water tank should be filled with equal parts of water and vinegar. Allow this mixture to brew on a hot setting. Run clear water through your Keurig using the 8-ounce button until there is no more taste or smell of vinegar.
Is There A Reset Button On A Keurig?
Typically, with machines, a full reset could help fix a range of problems that could occur. Keurig machines, however, do not have reset buttons, but when issues arise, they can easily be hard reset.
How Do I Force My Keurig To Reboot?
Sometimes, a reboot is needed to get your Keurig machine working again. Follow the steps below to reboot your machine:
- Using the power button, turn off your machine.
- Unplug the cord from the socket.
- Detach the water reservoir from your Keurig.
- Wait a few minutes.
- Plug the cord of your machine back to the socket.
- Using the power button, turn on your machine.
- Reattach the water reservoir back to your Keurig.
- Open, then close the K-Cup holder.
How Long Can Keurigs Last?
There are a number of factors that should be considered when exploring the life expectancy of a coffee maker. These factors include: domestic or commercial use, brewing water quality, frequency of use on a daily basis, and maintenance culture.
With regular and proper maintenance of your Keurig machine, it can last for as long as 3 to 5 years when it is used daily, which is longer than most of the other automatic coffee maker brands that are on the market.
How Do You Know If You Need A New Keurig?
Keurig machines designed for domestic purposes are less expensive and less durable than those designed for commercial use.
These affordable models are built in such a way that damage to any component or part means buying a new product as they are not repairable or serviceable. This is because their replacement parts (excluding the K-Cup holder, some water tanks and the drip tray) are not available.
Since Keurig machines have been said to last from between 3 to 5 years, it is safe to assume that one of the ways for you to know if you need a new Keurig is the number of years your machine has lasted.
If you notice that your coffee is too watered down or it comes out without the expected hot temperature, then you may need a new Keurig. Also, a leaking Keurig Slim or one that takes more than a few minutes to brew a cup needs a replacement.
Will Keurig Replace My Broken Machine?
Keurig will replace your broken machine only when some prerequisites are fully met. These prerequisites include:
- You must be either in Canada or in the United States.
- You must not make use of the domestically designed product for commercial purposes.
- You must make use of only pods and accessories that are Keurig K-Cup branded
- You should not attempt to repair the machine.
- There has to be stored evidence of registration of your brewer in Keurig’s system stating that the date of purchase is not above 1 year.
If these criteria are not met, or if there is a case of damage of property or theft, Keurig will not replace your machine.
To Wrap Up
When your Keurig Slim stops working, this could be a result of not having the minimum required water level in your machine, clogged needles, or your machine being plugged to an overloaded circuit.
Proper maintenance of Keurig Slims helps them last longer, so it is important to solve issues as soon as they come up. You can solve the problem on your own or consult an expert for help.
If you enjoyed reading this post, here are similar articles you may like:
How Long Can You Leave Water In A Keurig Reservoir?
Which Keurigs Make Iced Coffee? What About Cold Brew
What Kind Of Beverages Can You Make With A Keurig [Inc. Sample Recipes!]