Do you own an LG dishwasher and wonder how to deactivate the child lock/control lock features? Or how to reset the appliance? We've researched these questions and discovered helpful answers to share!
Press and hold the rinse and spray buttons simultaneously for three seconds until the illuminated locked symbol disappears on the control panel.
Are you interested in learning more about how your LG dishwasher works? Or how to run a maintenance cycle successfully? Please continue reading; we have well-researched answers to share with you today!
How to turn off the child lock on the LG dishwasher
Turning off the child lock/control lock is a quick process. Press and hold the Rinse and Spray buttons simultaneously for three seconds until the illuminated locked symbol disappears on the control panel.
Also, depending on which model you own, the lock buttons are noted on the control panel with brackets underlining the rinse and spray buttons.
How to use the child lock on an LG dishwasher?
The child lock feature is easy and great for keeping children and pets from accessing the control panel or opening the dishwasher's door during a wash cycle.
- Open the dishwasher door.
- Press the power button.
- Select the wash cycle and add dish detergent.
- Press and hold the Rinse and Spray buttons simultaneously for three seconds.
- CL will illuminate on the control panel to indicate that the setting is activated.
- Close the dishwasher's door to start the washing cycle.
Please note that the steps to activate the child lock/control lock features will vary based on which make and model LG dishwasher you own. For the best results, double-check your owner's manual for model-specific instructions.
Why is my LG dishwasher blinking CL?
How do I run the maintenance cycle on my LG dishwasher?
Start by measuring one cup of white vinegar to run a maintenance cycle. Place the cup of vinegar in the bottom rack of your empty dishwasher and close the door. Select the normal cycle with an extra rinse and press start.
Please note, do not use dish detergent when running a maintenance load, and do not open the dishwasher's door anytime during this cycle.
LG advised performing a maintenance cycle based on your household's usage. For example, if you run your dishwasher daily, running a maintenance load every couple of months would be wise.
Suppose you notice unpleasant odors wafting from your dishwasher. LG suggests emptying the dishwasher on the quick wash setting with dish detergent to remove unwanted odors.
What does the AE code on the LG dishwasher mean?
When the Ae code appears, it will indicate a leak somewhere in the appliance. Usually, this code appears when an overflow occurs in the appliance, the wrong type of dish detergent was used, or the appliance isn't level.
Please keep in mind this code will remain present on the control panel until the issue is resolved. Once you have determined the problem and fixed it, the code will clear from the control panel.
How do I reset my LG dishwasher?
Three simple methods to reset the LG dishwasher are pretty simple and will only require a few minutes of your time.
- Press the power button to shut the appliance off.
- Turn the circuit breaker connected to the dishwasher off, and wait ten seconds or longer before turning it back on.
- Press the power button, and start a new cycle.
After completing these simple steps, the control panel and the appliance should be reset!
To read more about resetting your LG dishwasher. Click here to read "How To Reset An LG Dishwasher."
What water temperature is the best for LG dishwashers?
The best temperature is 120 F when the water enters the dishwasher to achieve the best performance possible. Do not exceed 140 f because higher temperatures will start to damage the appliance and could ruin plastic items in the wash load.
How to pack the LG dishwasher for cleaner dishes
There are several simple ways to maximize your dishwasher's cleaning capacity, reducing how many loads you run monthly, and help lower your home's energy usage and utility bills.
- Set the water temperature to 120 f.
- Don't overfill the dishwasher.
- Keep plastic items in the top rack.
- Separate stainless steel and silver flatware to prevent a chemical reaction that can damage the utensils' finishes.
- Secure the glassware between the tines.
- Pack baking sheets, trays, and plastic cutting boards along the sides without blocking the jets or spray arms.
- Avoid allowing your dishes to sit in the dishwasher for days to prevent the growth of harmful bacteria and germs.
Does an LG dishwasher drain automatically with the child lock on?
Yes. Any fully functional dishwasher will drain automatically after each completed washing cycle, whether the child lock feature is activated or not.
The dishwasher will automatically drain the dirty dishwater through the draining hose, into the garbage disposal, then through the kitchen plumbing.
If your dishwasher is not draining automatically, something is clogging your appliance's draining hose or filter that needs to be cleared.
Are you interested in learning more about unclogging drain hoses? Click here to read "How To Unclog A Dishwasher Drain Hose."
Safety considerations for operating an LG dishwasher
The American Cleaning Institute suggests using the following as a guide for running a dishwasher effectively and safely. Keeping consistent kitchen safety practices will make your kitchen safer and help your LG dishwasher function at its best!
- Always place knives and other sharp items pointed down in the utensil basket.
- Place glassware gently into the dishwasher, and don't crowd the glasses.
- Avoid overloading the dishwasher--it will prevent the dishes from getting clean, and they could break.
- Wait until the dishwasher has cooled before removing the dishes.
- Always close the door after loading or unloading to prevent accidental falls.
- If you have small children, consider adding a child safety lock.
- Do not allow children or pets to play inside the dishwasher.
- Store the dishwashing solutions away from children and pets.
- Always follow the dishwasher owner's manual maintenance instructions.
- Don't fill the dispenser cups until ready to run the appliance.
- Do not mix dishwasher solutions with other cleaning products.
- Not every dish can go in the dishwasher; read your labels.
- Do not remove the labels from the dishwasher detergent bottles.
The team at Kitchen Seer would like to thank you for reading our article!
Today we discussed how to deactivate the child lock, reset the appliance, and a few helpful tips to ensure safety in your kitchen. We hope this article has helped you understand the LG dishwasher child lock, error codes, and how to operate your appliance easily.
Please check out some of our other posts before you go to help further your dishwasher knowledge base.
How To Clean Clogged Dishwasher Spray Arms
Can You Put Refrigerator Drawers And Shelves In The Dishwasher?