Suppose you have a Miele dishwasher or are considering purchasing a new one for your kitchen. Either way, you probably wondered how long the express or normal washing cycles run. We've researched these questions and have discovered some helpful information to share with you!
The Miele dishwashers' wash cycles vary in length depending on the selected cycle, add-on settings, water temperature, etc. The shortest cycle requires 35 minutes, and the longest cycle runs up to three hours.
How Long Does A Miele Dishwasher Cycle Take?
There are a few variables to keep in mind that will affect the cycle's length. Such as, how soiled are your dishes? Which make and model dishwasher do you own? Do you pre-rinse your dishes before packing the dishwasher?
For example, if you packed your dishwasher with soiled dishes greasy from a barbecue, the Miele dishwasher's sensors will extend the wash cycle to clean all the stubborn grease off the dishes.
Miele's Dishwasher Cycles Explained
The normal wash cycle will run for two to three hours. Select this cycle for everyday dishes that don't require a heavy cycle but require more than the quick cycle offers.
China And Crystal
The delicate cycle is specifically for lightly soiled china and crystal dishes that only need light washing and gentle drying. Use 50% less dish detergent when using this setting for your fragile dishes.
Pots And Pans
The pots and pans cycle will run for an estimated two and a half hours for washing and drying. The heavy washing cycle is the best option for loads of pans, pots, or any heavily stained and soiled dishes. Miele recommends adding 20% more dish detergent when using this cycle.
Selecting the Sani-wash cycle will kill 99.999% of food soil bacteria by heating the water to 150 degrees Fahrenheit. Please note this powerful setting can be added to a normal, sensor/auto, or heavy cycle.
Food for thought: the Sani-wash setting is recommended for protecting the immunocompromised by sanitizing baby bottles and children's dishes to prevent the growth of dangerous bacteria, germs, and mold.
The express cycle is recommended for washing light to medium soiled dishes quickly, requiring between 30 to 40 minutes on average.
The prewash setting allows you to soak your dishes with stubborn dried-on foods before starting the washing cycles.
Quick Intense Wash
The quick intense wash cycle will wash and dry a load of dirty dishes in 58 minutes or less. This wash cycle is only available on select Miele models.
How Long Is The Express Wash Cycle On A Miele Dishwasher?
The express cycle is the shortest and only requires approximately 30 to 40 minutes. For the best results, only select this cycle for lightly soiled dishes and utensils.
Are you interested in learning more about dishwasher cycles and how long those typically run? Read this post to learn more: How Long Does A Dishwasher Run?
Safety Considerations For Operating A Miele Dishwasher
The American Cleaning Institute suggests using the following as a guide for running a dishwasher effectively and safely:
- Always place knives and other sharp items pointed down in the utensil basket.
- Place glassware gently into the dishwasher, and don't crowd the glasses.
- Avoid overloading the dishwasher—it will prevent the dishes from getting clean, and they could break.
- Wait until the dishwasher has cooled before removing the dishes.
- Always close the door after loading or unloading to prevent accidental falls.
- If you have small children, consider adding a child safety lock.
- Do not allow children or pets to play inside the dishwasher.
- Store the dishwashing solutions away from children and pets.
- Always follow the dishwasher owner's manual maintenance instructions.
- Don't fill the dispenser cups until you are ready to run the appliance.
- Do not mix dishwasher solutions with other cleaning products.
- Not every dish can go in the dishwasher; read your labels.
- Do not remove the labels from the dishwasher detergent bottles.
Thank you for reading our article! Today we learned how long Miele dishwasher cycles take to complete, how to pack your dishwasher to maximize space, and a few safety tips to ensure quality hygiene in your kitchen.
We certainly hope this article has helped you understand the Miele dishwasher washing cycles and how to operate your appliance better.
Please check out some of our other posts before you go to help further your dishwasher knowledge base: