If one were to answer what Ninja Foodi is, the list would go on forever. From being a dehydrator, a steamer to an air-fryer, there is little that this workhorse can not do in a kitchen. As the Ninja Foodi Grill is currently soaring with popularity in making burgers, let us dissect how exactly you can accomplish this.
To cook a hamburger on the Ninja Foodi Grill, you must follow these basic steps:
- Preheat grill as per correct settings
- Grease with oil for coverage
- Putting burgers in when the command is displayed
- Cooking for as long as the chosen settings recommend
We all know that the perfect hamburger does not come easy! Keep reading to understand how to accomplish each step and all other factors that play a role during cooking with Ninja Foodi Grill.
Preparing the Grill
Many Ninja Foodi Grill reviews testify to its efficiency in hamburger making. However, this may not be true in the absence of proper considerations. Here are some tips to start with when using this Ninja Foodi Grill:
- Your Ninja Foodi Grill must have come up with numerous accessories for each of its different functions. Grab the grilling pan and place it in the structure.
- At this stage, you might want to grease it just lightly with some essential oil. This process will help it not stick onto the meat.
- Once you have your set-up ready, turn the power button on and press the grill setting. The default setting is high, which is ideal for burgers. If you have a different meat preference, consult the sticker glued at the top for guidelines.
- If you removed that sticker, don’t worry. Set a low grill for sausages and keep moving up for chicken, beef, and fish.
- Next, use the time button to allocate a preheat period. Generally, 8 minutes work best for burgers. Keep in mind that preheating is separate from cooking time.
Cooking the Burgers
The screen will blink with an Add Food message when it is heated. Avoid putting food in before the command so that the preheating process is not interrupted.
Unlike an outdoor grill, you must close the lid after putting in food. Without doing so, the cooking process would not begin, but the heat from the bottom would cause your patty to burn.
Cook your burgers as per the grill setting you choose. For high flame, it takes about 3 to 9 minutes.
Tips and Tricks
- The grill grate is a 10-by-10-inch structure. 4 burgers, each measuring around 4 ½ in diameter, can easily fit on it.
- Opening the lid midway disrupts the airflow and causes temperature variances. This process can affect the quality of your grilled patty.
- In the grill set-up, there is no need to flip the burgers. Once you close the lid, sufficient heat accumulates atop the grill pan to cook both sides of the patty.
Of course, if you need visual guidance, here's a YouTube video to help:
Since the burgers occupy most of the space, you will find that lifting the patties off the rack is a hard job. You may end up tearing it up with a spatula. Try getting a roasting lifter to make the process hassle-free. There are even lifters that are compatible with the Ninja Foodi Grill.
You may also use tongs for this purpose. Moreover, it is to note that the grill is dishwasher safe. Most kitchen utensils, be it metal or wood, can work with it as long as you take safety precautions.
A good hamburger recipe always includes an egg or binding substance to prevent the patty from falling off. Remember to add your seasonings before you put the burger patty on the grill.
If you do not want the burger to fall off, use your thumb to make a center indent in the thawed patty. This step will prevent it from rolling up in the intense heat of the grill.
How Do You Cook Frozen Hamburger Patties In Ninja Foodi?
Set the grill temperature to low for preheating. If you expose too much heat directly to a frozen patty, you cause the meat to burn. Get the frozen patties out of the fridge, and let them thaw on the counter while the grill heats. Next, season them up with salt and pepper on both sides.
The patties will likely take twice as much cooking time as the ideal. Thus, don’t worry if it looks undone even after 10-15 mins. Let it have substantial time to split up and thoroughly cook.
Can You Use Ninja Foodi Grill As An Air Fryer?
Yes, you can use Ninja Foodi Grill as an air fryer. In fact, it comes with a separate crisp basket for that purpose. You can choose its air crisp option, set up a temperature of choice, and get a perfectly tender burger.
Can You Cook Burgers And Fries In An Air Fryer At The Same Time?
Technically, burgers and fries can cook together in an air fryer. However, that does not mean that there will be no compromises to make. First, you’ll have to cut down on the number of burgers in one batch to fit in fries on the side. Moreover, one of the two things will turn out soggy and miscooked. This situation is because burgers and fries have different temperature requirements to achieve a crisp structure.
Do You Need To Flip Burgers In An Air Fryer?
In most traditional air fryers, you will need to pull out the drawer halfway through to flip the burgers. Then, continue frying until you reach the optimum temperature.
If you use a Ninja Foodi Grill instead, there will not be the need to flip burgers. The grill only requires you to shake the basket midway to ensure consistent browning. Otherwise, with efficient space and temperature, it will ensure that both sides cook adequately.
Can You Cook Burgers In Ninja Foodi Pressure Cooker?
In addition to the grill and air fryer, the Ninja Foodi has a pressure cooker too. Pressure-cooking burgers may seem a foreign concept. But, it is as easy as any. After prepping the patties, cover them up with aluminum foil. The foil will act as a barrier to let sufficient pressure to cook the patties.
- Fill your Ninja Foodi pressure cooker with a cup or two of water.
- Place a wire rack on top of it. This addition is where the burgers will rest.
- Turn the plug on, choose the pressure option, and set it to high.
- Select cooking time. Typically, it takes about as much time as an air fryer.
The Ninja Foodi Grill holds many benefits! It can be a kitchen staple for making burgers and much more. Best of luck to get the perfect hamburger next time you put this powerhouse to work!
Before you go, do you have other burger concerns? Are you wondering if you should butter your hamburgers buns? We have the answer! To find out more, check out our post here.
What if you did not get to use all of the tomatoes for your burgers? Are you wondering if they freeze well? You can find out more by checking out our post here. Until next time!